11 November, 2009

Wordy Wednesday

Welcome to Wordy Wednesdays todays we ares going to pay tributes to all those who were and are in the services!(every serviceman/woman is a future veteran and they deserves a hand too) We wants to thanks you all very muchs for everythings you has done and wills do.
My moms daddy, my grandpas was in service to the US for 25+ years, he's a very brave guys and I respects him very muchs!
He begans his careers in the Marine Corps and spent years serving in Vietnam (years he did volunteer for after his initial deployment) he did receive medals there but our favorites and his are his purple hearts! Now if only we knew where they all went?? They got sent to his mother since he was in Vietnam and after her death we couldn't find a trace of them. After Vietnam my Grandpa got the choice to be relieved of his Marine Corps contract and he took it.

So then my Grandpa joined the Navy! At first, it was such a change for him that he went back and talked to someones about re-joining the Marines, but they said if he dids he woulds starts back at day ones! Going back to basic trainings!!! So he stuck with the Navy and their offer of a higher ranking and no basics! He lived out the rest of his military careers in the Navy but loves both of his services. All of us are very proud of him! (the carrier behind mes here is a veery specials one, this is the last ship my Grandpas ever served on! His job? He was the ships store keeper, someones got to do it. So this heres is the USS Lexington! My mommys loves this ships very muchs because she was just a little toddlers when her Daddys was on it but she gots to see him on this very ship! She crawled up the walkway to meets her Daddys at the tops all on her own! So it holds a special place for her.) Grandpas retired many years ago as an CPO and still gets called Chief by those who knew him then.

I hear my Great-Grandpaps, my Mommys Grandpa was a military man as well. His Burial flag is at my Grandpas and it's something the whole family cherishes. So to all you in the service and those family members of service men and women, I would like to says Thank yous, I know your roles aren't always the easiest but you do it and get it done! I gives you all my catspects!

6 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

Thank you to your grampie for his service to our country

Daisy said...

Thanks for telling us about your grampy. He is a true hero! I thank him and your great grampy for their service to our country.

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Lovely post.. Thank you.. Hugs GJ x

The Island Cats said...

What a nice tribute to your grampa! Happy Veterans Day!

Karen Jo said...

Thank you to your grampie and great-grampie for their service. You wrote a very nice post about them.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Wow that is amazing about your grandpa! And that is so great that you did this wonderful tribute for him, your great grampa and all our service men and women!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails